Rapper YG Released from Custody Ahead of Scheduled 2020 Grammy Awards Performance

Rapper YG Released from Custody Ahead of Scheduled 2020 Grammy Awards Performance

Rapper YG has been released from custody, shortly after being arrested and charged with robbery.

Around 4 a.m. on Friday, the 29-year-old rapper, who was born Keenon Jackson, was served a search warrant “in the furtherance of an on-going criminal investigation” at his Los Angeles home, L.A. County Sheriff’s Department Deputy James Nagao said in a statement previously obtained by PEOPLE. His bail was set at $250,000.

YG was released from Men’s Central jail on bond around 9:00 p.m. on Friday, according to online records. A spokesperson for the L.A. County Sheriff’s Department did not immediately respond to PEOPLE’s request for comment.

In a statement previously obtained by PEOPLE, YG’s attorney, Joe Tacopina, said there was “no truth” to the charges, adding that the rapper was arrested on suspicion of robbery based on an ongoing investigation.

“YG has a performance scheduled at the Grammy’s on Sunday where he will honor Nipsey Hussle… so the timing is suspect, to put it mildly,” Tacopina added in the statement.

It was previously announced that YG would take the stage at the Grammy Awards as part of a tribute to his late friend, who was fatally shot outside of his Marathon clothing store in March 2019.

At Hussle’s April 2019 funeral, YG paid his respects as he congratulated the artist on “his legacy and everything he did.”

In July 2019, police raided a Hollywood Hills home YG was renting, leading to the arrest of one occupant, KTLA reported following the rapper’s Friday arrest, noting that YG was not present at the time of the raid.

The raid was reportedly made in connection with a shooting that occurred on July 3 in Compton, involving a black Cadillac Escalade that was registered to YG, according to KTLA.

Addressing the incident at the time on Twitter, the rapper wrote: “I was nowhere near the scene of this incident, I was in Hollywood recording in the studio all day.”

YG’s arraignment is set for Tuesday, Jan. 28 in Compton Court.

Read more: https://people.com/music/yg-released-from-custody-before-grammys-performance/

Love Island’s Jack Fincham Welcomes First Child Daughter Blossom ‘I Am Now a Proud Dad’

Love Island’s Jack Fincham Welcomes First Child Daughter Blossom ‘I Am Now a Proud Dad’

Jack Fincham is a dad!

Fincham, one of the winners of Love Island season 4, welcomed his first child, daughter Blossom on Friday.

“I’m normally a very open book and share most of my life on my social media. This blessing I chose not to,” Fincham wrote on Saturday alongside a photograph of himself holding his baby girl, as he explained why he chose to keep the happy news to himself until her arrival.

“I’m just a normal geeza, who went on a tv show, which throws you straight into the public eye…which I will forever be grateful for. However I knew for myself I needed personal time and to keep this part of my life private to prepare for this new responsibility and part of me that will change my life forever,” the British reality star, 27, wrote. “This is undoubtedly the best thing that has ever happened to me and it’s true what they say, the instant feeling of love and connection you have with your child is a feeling like no other.”

Fincham went on to give a special shout-out to his daughter’s mother, whom he did not identify, clarifying that the pair are not in a romantic relationship.

“I want to thank my family and friends for your continued support, also to my little girls mother, who has been totally AMAZING throughout. Although we are not together we are great friends as we have been for many years and our priority is co-parenting our beautiful baby girl. Both mum and baby are doing great,” he continued. “I am now a proud dad to a healthy baby girl Blossom Fincham born 8lb 2oz on 24th January 2020.”

Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE’s free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from juicy celebrity news to compelling human interest stories

View this post on Instagram

I’m normally a very open book and share most of my life on my social media. This blessing I chose not to. I’m just a normal geeza, who went on a tv show, which throws you straight into the public eye…which I will forever be grateful for. However I knew for myself I needed personal time and to keep this part of my life private to prepare for this new responsibility and part of me that will change my life forever. This is undoubtedly the best thing that has ever happened to me and it’s true what they say, t

Read more: https://people.com/parents/love-island-jack-fincham-welcomes-daughter-blossom/

Queen Elizabeth Gives Prince William a New Royal Title amid Prince Harry Meghan Markles Exit

Queen Elizabeth Gives Prince William a New Royal Title amid Prince Harry Meghan Markles Exit

Prince William has a new title.

On Saturday, Queen Elizabeth appointed her grandson as the new Lord High Commissioner to the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland. In the position, William will become the British monarch’s personal representative to the Church of Scotland, carrying out various official visits and ceremonial duties.

William, 37, takes over the role from Richard Scott, the 10th Duke of Buccleuch and 12th Duke of Queensberry. Before Scott, Princess Anne held the position.

The appointment comes as William’s brother Prince Harry and Harry’s wife Meghan Markle step back as senior members of the royal family.

Last week, Queen Elizabeth and her family — including William, Harry and Prince Charles — cemented an agreement for the terms of Harry and Meghan’s royal exit. After a period of transition that ends this spring, Meghan, 38, and Harry, 35, will lose their “Royal Highness” titles, repay renovation costs to their Frogmore Cottage home and split their time between North America and the U.K.

RELATED: Kate Middleton and Prince William Host Buckingham Palace Reception Amid Meghan and Harry’s Exit

Amid the royal drama, William and wife Kate Middleton have been continuing their royal duties, recently hosting a reception at Buckingham Palace on behalf of the Queen. The reception marked the U.K.-Africa Investment Summit taking place in London. (Harry also attended the summit, taking part in meetings with leaders from three countries.)

In his speech, William offered some personal words about the couple’s personal connection to the region.

Can’t get enough of PEOPLE‘s Royals coverage? Sign up for our free Royals newsletter to get the latest updates on Kate Middleton, Meghan Markle and more!

“The African continent holds a very special place in my heart,” the royal dad said. “It is the place my father took my brother and me shortly after our mother died. And when deciding where best to propose to Catherine, I could think of no more fitting place than Kenya to get down on one knee.”

Kate, 38, and William are also set to attend the British Academy of Film and Television Arts awards — the British equivalent of the Oscars — on Feb. 2.

Read more: https://people.com/royals/prince-william-new-lord-high-commissioner-church-of-scotland/

Channing Tatum Defends Jessie J from Troll and Says Nobodys More Stunning and Beautiful Than Her

Channing Tatum Defends Jessie J from Troll and Says Nobodys More Stunning and Beautiful Than Her

Channing Tatum is defending Jessie J from trolls online.

After sharing a post on Instagram on Friday confirming that he and the “Bang Bang” singer are back together, Tatum, 39, took to the comments section of the post to defend Jessie, 31, from the haters.

In response to a comment from a user who wrote, “Jenna looks better with you” — in reference to Tatum’s ex-wife of nine years, Jenna Dewan — the star said that there “ain’t nobody more stunning and beautiful to look at” than Jessie.

Tatum called out the user, responding, “I don’t usually address s— like this. But you seem as good of a terrible happy people hating thoughtless person as any of them. Why don’t you seriously think abut what you’re doing. It’s hurtful and I ain’t about it.”

“If you can’t not be a horrible hateful person on my page and support the infinite and untouchable beauty and woman that Jess is… please kindly get TF out of here,” the Magic Mike star continued. “No one wants you here. Especially me.”

RELATED: Channing Tatum Makes It Instagram Official with Jessie J Again: ‘We Gonna Get It in’

“And ain’t nobody more stunning and beautiful to look at but even more as a human than Jess,” he said. “And yeah that includes my ex. Sorry about your opinion. But what I said is facts. Just facts. Ok bye be careful with your actions it’s what you create for yourself.”

Tatum further clarified his thoughts in another comment.

“And just to be super clear for the other people that love to turn shit around,” he added in the second comment.  “Jenna is beautiful and amazing in her own right. But no and I mean no is more beautiful or better than anyone else.”

“Beauty isn’t measurable. It’s in the eye of the beholder,” the actor concluded. “So while all you infinitely beautiful people pour over these words and try and find s— to start s— wit. I’m gonna be enjoying my MF night with my gorgeous lady and cuddle up in her beautiful heart.”

RELATED: Channing Tatum and Jessie J Are Back Together After Month-Long Breakup: Source

Tatum’s words in support of Jessie come just one day after PEOPLE confirmed that the couple were back together after about a month apart.

While PEOPLE confirmed their split in Decem

Read more: https://people.com/movies/channing-tatum-defends-jessie-j-from-troll/

National Weather

Click on map for forecast

The Opinion Poll

advertisement